Interview with author Jamallah Bergman



Happy New Year everyone! To start 2013 out, I’ve interviewed Jamallah Bergman. You can find more about her on her website (http://jamallahbergmansstoriesoflove.weebly.com/)


1.  Why do you write?

Well I write because I have a story to tell. Basically the muses that voice their opinion in my head will let me know what I need to let others know. Plus I always seem to come up with ideas for stories with topics that are unlike some that you normally read about. But that's what I like, I love different story line's and most of what I write about is completely different. I always use the same type of characters, which are black full figured women and white strong men. But my characters show their emotions, which isn't the norm especially with the men when they are showing their 'true emotions' towards the woman they love.


2. What sort of stories do you like to write?
I basically write about interracial romance....sometimes contemporary and erotica romance.


3. How did you get interested in this genre?
I basically have always been interested in interracial romance, dating and marriage. For as long as I can remember, I've always been attracted to white men and so writing about interracial romance is just something familiar with me. 

4. Do you have any tips for writers who want to get into this genre?

Honestly with any genre besides what I write about, I basically will tell you to write what you know and feel. Things that peek your interest in the genre. For me it's mainly about the love between the two people involved in the story. Race is just a after thought in the story as well as it is in real life for me. I don't look at a person that I get involved with as a "white man", I think of him as being just a "man" PERIOD. So basically if you get in the genre, I would write how you feel.


5. When you write something, do you have a goal in mind? IE do you want to evoke a certain emotion or get your readers to ponder something deeper?
I think that whenever I write a story, I have a goal to make people think. The characters are like people you meet everyday and the problems they deal with are so real to life that it makes you really walk in their shoes. The experiences they deal with are probably more than likely what my readers are dealing with now. I like to be different when I write my stories, I mean I like to keep it to where people really can take something from what I write.


6. Thanks for allowing me to interview you! Do you have any closing remarks you'd like to share?
Well thank you for allowing me to be here to be interviewed, I had a lot of fun. Well I'd like to say that if you become interested in writing, I say follow your dreams and go for it. Don't let others tell you or make you think that writing is just some kind of a fluke or something. If you have a story within you, sit down and start writing it out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contest update

Life with Merlin

Paulette Mahurin Interview