Dr. Grimm

Today, readers I will share a piece of fiction instead of writing a blog. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing the piece. I created this bit back in 2009 or 2010 for one of my MFA classes. For this exercise, which came from 3 AM Epiphany by Brian Kitely I had to create a sympathetic villain. If anyone was wondering, I was inspired by Dr. Horrible's Sing-along Blog, especially the song My Freeze Ray (which I have included at the bottom of this blog for even more entertainment).


Dr. Grimm
            In the center of his malevolent laboratory, surrounded by brightly colored bubbling, boiling, and gurgling liquids in various Pyrex containers and coins, Dr. Grimm sat in his Chair of Evil plotting. He was dressed, as only a mad scientist could, in a brain juice splattered lab coat and thick bottlelike goggles. Unlike most mad scientists, his hair was sparse and limp and not at all unruly fell into his beady eyes. His fingers, not long and skinny as most villains sport, but short and pudgy, were pressed together as he looked at his television wall. All but one was turned to live feed from around the world. One television was tuned into a soap opera – Days of Passion – although Dr. Grimm wasn’t paying attention to it. He rarely did, unless Viano was on plotting his next heist or revenge.
            “Now, that man is a good role model! He’s loyal. He’s headstrong. He’s willing to do anything. Viano won’t stop at anything to get what he wants. Ah, I remember the time he decided to hypnotize Gertrude just so they could marry and gain all of her riches and oh, how could I forget the time he dressed up like Sister Rose so that he could get the dirt on his arch enemy, Stic, and then gain control of the DiAkis villa. Those were the days,” Dr. Grimm rambled as he stared at the televisions. “But, now is no time for daydreaming about television villains. They aren’t real! Hahahaha!”
            He threw his head back as he did his evilest laugh that he could manage. It sounded more like a honking goose than anything else and it caused him to wheeze. Grabbing his inhaler from his pocket, he took in two puffs and then put it back as Dr. Grimm stood and grabbed a handful of the money he had stolen. “I’ll never have to miss an episode of Days of Passions ever again,” he exclaimed as he tossed the coins into the air.
            The soap opera was interrupted by the usual impromptu aria that signaled a news broadcast. A female newscaster came on air and announced, “We now to interrupt your local programming for this special report.”  She wore a rapt expression of excitement on her face as if this was her first report. “There’s still no news of where all the money went or who took it.”
“I like the sound of this news report,” he said with a gloating grin.
“There are still no images or videos of the suspect.”
“That’s because I used my miracle money taker machine and wasn’t there.”
“If you hear anything please call 1-222-MONEY…”
“Should report myself to get some more money? One can never have enough.”
“We can’t give you a reward for the information because we have none. If you know anything at all remember to call the Money Tracker Hotline at 1-222-MONEY. Now, we take you back to your regularly scheduled programming.”
 Dr. Grimm rolls his eyes as he drops the money back into a pile by his chair for evil plotting.  “Oh, poo. I don’t think I will then,” he muttered as he paced the room with his pudgy fingers laced behind his limp locks. “Now that I have all the money in the world to pay for all the television I want, what evil escapade should I go on next? Maybe I could turn everyone into statues, become self-appointed King of the universe? Or maybe I should steal all the hair gel in the world so I can finally have the hair of the mad scientist that I am.”

Here's the  video for you all:
 

Until next time! I hope you enjoyed the piece and the video.  Please, leave me comments or questions.I love hearing from my readers. Let me know what you'd like to read about.

P.S. I know that this blog isn't life changing or talks about important issues. Perhaps, I should focus on those topics instead of all things media. However, I love television shows, movies, books, and music. I have ever since I was a little kid. I'm enjoying writing on this blog. I love writing about the things I love. I love that I have this outlet to share with you some of the things I love.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contest update

Life with Merlin

Paulette Mahurin Interview