Life in a Day Documentary


I have not seen this film yet. All I've seen in a trailer for the film and also a little blurb in the Sunday paper. However, from what I have seen and read, it sounds brilliant. It looks heartwarming and funny. I'm sure there are some heart wrenching things in the film as well.

I love the concept of telling the story of a day. To have the main character as a thing, as time, is just brilliant. The whole film celebrates humanity and how richly full the world's life is. It makes every insignificant moment feel it truly matters. The promo video makes me feel connected to humanity and appreciate the world we live in. It makes the world appear more beautiful, brilliant, and vibrant than I could ever imagine. 
 
Even though this is a documentary, there is a distinct story to this piece. There appears to be a beginning, a middle, and an end. I will assume the film starts out with the day and ends with the night, but that's beside the point. I will also assume it starts with an interdiction, because some of the people in the video say Hola  and good morning. Further more,  I bet the story will build by discussing what we love and then what the people are afraid of and all the while, the filmmakers will make us root for the characters, laugh with them, cry with them. Then, with the closing scenes, we will feel a resolution to the story as the night dawns. Even one of the people says, 'Best day ever' and that to me feels like a way to end something. 


I don't know what will happen or if any of my assumptions are correct. Needless to say, I look forward to seeing this movie. I hope that I can see it in full. I hope you are inspired by the clip as much as I was. Until next time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contest update

Life with Merlin

Paulette Mahurin Interview