Kid Book - Point?


Again, I am so sorry for not posting in ages! I have been sick. I have new puppies (who were sick). And, every time I logged in here, I got logged out of another place. I also had many deadlines to complete. But, never fear, here I am and here I shall stay! For the rest of the year, I’ll be posting daily as I did at the beginning of this blog. I plan on keeping this blog regular during 2012, as well!

I say it right now, I enjoy reading children’s books. I loved ‘Alice in Wonderland’ and ‘Jo’s Boy’s as well as the Harry Potter series and the Amelia Notebook novels which were put out by American Girl. Somehow, I got myself hooked on ‘The Diary of a Wimpy Kid’ series, as well.

I don’t know why I read them. I really dislike all of the characters and find them all annoying as well as slightly disturbing. The situations they get into are a bit nerve-wracking and hair brained. I often find myself wondering if these things could really happen or if children really act like these characters do. I’m sure there is some exaggeration, but I read that these graphic novels (that term sounds much better than comic books) are based on the author’s real life while he grew up.

I’m not sure the point of these novels. I hope that these books have gotten younger kids to read. Reading is so important and critical to living – you can’t get a job or do your homework or go places without knowing how to read. I hope that these books inspire children to do more reading and spark a love of literature within their souls. If they do the things I hope, then that’s their purpose and it’s a grand one indeed.

While substitute teaching, I overheard one of the kindergartener’s talking to a friend of his about being in the library. He was so excited to get home and read his ‘Diary of a Wimpy Kid’ book. That truly warmed my heart because of his enthusiasm because he also had a little bit of trouble with reading. I hope it helps him.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contest update

Life with Merlin

Paulette Mahurin Interview