Least Favorite Merlin Episodes


As I was looking over the episodes that have been shown so far, I realized I really did not like season 2 of Merlin. Four of the five episodes on this list are from that season. Most of them just annoyed me to no end. Season 1 was brilliant and season 3 was greatly improved over season 2, with the 4th season being my favorite so far (except for the annoyingly parody of a villain that is Morgana and the fact no one of the main cast has found out about Merlin’s magic). Therefore, without further ado, here are my 5 least favorite episodes. I think they got their bad episodes out of the way early on in the series.

1 and 2. Beauty and the Beast (Part 1 and Part 2)
This episode was disgusting. All the farting and the garbage the troll was eating. It just made me sick. I was actually embarrassed for the writers. The farting was humiliating. I cringed and covered my face. Fart jokes do not belong in Merlin – in no shape or form. The burping made me cringe as well. Everything was just gross about the episode. Even Anthony Head’s goofy performance as a lovesick man did not redeem the character.

3. The Curse of Cornelius Sigan
            This episode annoyed me. Arthur was extremely inconsiderate and rude to Merlin. Merlin fell into manure and that just grossed me out. Sigan was maddeningly perfect, but not in a funny way (as George was in ‘A Servant of Two Masters’). When Merlin was nearly possessed by the soul of Sigan, that was worrying and creepy, but not in a good way. I did not want Merlin to turn into something as dreadful as that man was.

4. Lancelot du Lac
            As I said, I have a love/hate relationship with this episode. I loved it and yet, I hated it. It made me sick to my stomach for all the heartbreak and betrayal. It was almost as if the writers decided they needed to torture Merlin even more. He could not save anyone. He could not tell a soul (especially Arthur) what was actually going on. He lost a good friend – actually, he lost two good friends. He had to send Lancelot out to sea in a water burial, thus he was reliving the death of Freya (which surely brought back painful memories). It was painful and heartbreaking to watch. It is actually one episode I am not sure I could watch again.

5. Sweet Dreams
            This was an exceedingly annoying episode. There is nothing wrong with the episode, except for the annoying factor. I do not really like things that annoy me. Vivien, whether possessed or not, is bratty and bothersome! She thinks she is better than anything in the whole world and that the world should revolve around her and her only. Even if he was enchanted, what did Arthur see in that girl? He really should have listened to everyone, who could blatantly see this girl was not right for him. But, no, he did not. Thank goodness, things got sorted out in the end!

Well, this is my list. This is all for tonight. Tomorrow, there will be a new blog about a new topic!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contest update

Life with Merlin

Paulette Mahurin Interview